It’s 2020, an assassin and an evil vampire have come back to teach us how to be nice to each other. Sounds legit.
Use the best option for you.
He’s not a puppy so much as a Hobbit Horse.
Definitely cleaning up my time line these days. 🙁
I used to worry about an echo chamber, about creating an online system where I only see and hear what I want, but I don’t anymore. I don’t come to Facebook for the news, or to become educated about the world or various subjects, I come to it to catch up with friends and family and hopefully have a good conversation, or two. To enjoy myself and hopefully see that other people in the world are living life as best as they can wherever they are.
But logging on to see hateful or ignorant rhetoric isn’t enjoyable to me. I have a lot of friends that think differently than I do, that’s one of the many things that makes them interesting. They have different politics, religion, experiences and more. I love that. But I need to draw a line, for personal sanity, if nothing else. If posts are consistently spreading misinformation, lies or rhetoric that is false, misleading or specifically designed to divide people, I’m going to unfriend the person who shared them. I don’t invite lies and hate into my life at a personal level, I try very hard not to perpetuate any of those things, and I see no reason to subject myself to it every day. It’s not a two sides issue, or a different view point thing, it’s a mental health and values thing.
So if I disappear from your timeline or friends list, please understand that you’re welcome to call me or message me, and I wish you nothing but the best, but social media sometimes shows sides of ourselves and each other that are best not seen.
I just saw a Newsweek poll that said that 56% of people support Biden because he isn’t Trump. I’m damn curious, how can the other 44% not tell them apart? They look nothing alike…
I’ve seen a huge flood of these shared on my timeline recently. Know what you’re sharing before you share it.
Found this via Grant McWilliams. I don’t care for the graphic title or the subtitle, really, but the message is spot on. The only thing I’d say differently is this – you can, and should, do this at any age, at all ages. Every day.
There was a time when Joe Biden and Kamala Harris would have made a great moderate Republican ticket. It’s very telling how far things have swung that their opponents are calling them the radical Left.
Interesting. I don’t have a basis for comparison to other Presidents, but I disagree on a few things here, mainly with respect to foreign policy and international cooperation.
I like a lot of Leo’s stuff, both original and his covers. I’m not a huge fan of metal vocals, usually, but I like how he handles the instrumental side of things.